Sunday, September 4, 2011

Operation Birthday Mail *Your Support is Needed*

My daughters, Alexia(age 12)and Haley (age 10), and I wanted to do something special for Dan for his birthday this year, something big like his heart; something big like the impact he's had on our lives as a wonderful proud father and a great strong husband. His current year long deployment to Afghanistan has already felt so long to us all and we are thankful we are getting closer to the 6th month mark. I know how much he has enjoyed our family mail over the past months as it passes the time and gives him something to look forward too. Mail from home makes him feel supported which helps keep his spirits and moral high. Now I need your help….

Our idea – OPERATION BIRTHDAY MAIL - Show a lot of support and love on a GRAND SCALE!

SECRET MISSION OBJECTIVE: To wish Dan Leonard a very happy 35th birthday, and at the same time show him a little love and support for his current deployment.

GOAL: 3,500 pieces of Happy Birthday mail delivered to him in Afghanistan.

DURATION: September 6, 2011 through his entire Birthday Month of OCTOBER, 2011.

MISSION PARAMETERS:
Well, it’s really simple and I need your support. Send a birthday card, a birthday note, or even a small post it note with Happy Birthday written on it. That’s it! Or maybe, a postcard with a personalized greeting. Whatever works best for you. It’s not complicated. Make it a serious card, or write him a little friendly note. Find a funny card, and just sign your name. Make some artwork on your computer, print it out, and stick it in an envelope. It will only cost you the regular postage stamp (44 cents) and I have included below an example of how to address the envelope.

It would be nice if we could show that this is an organized effort. To do so all of us can include “OPERATION BIRTHDAY MAIL” somewhere on the outside of your envelope. Let him know that we’re all in this together.

Please help me spread the message; the more people we get to help send mail the better! Please email this message to as many people as you can think of. Ask your family and co- workers to help. Any question please feel free to email me: alternativehealthsolutionsnj@gmail.com

Don't forget to get your mail out soon since Dan's 35th birthday is on October 1st, which means we have to have the mail out to him in time for delivery in Afghanistan; no later than November 1, 2011.

Thank you for your support and love!
The Leonard Girls – Michelle Alexia & Haley

Ps. Leave us a little comment below that you have participated so we can see maybe how many birthday cards he received :0)





Update: Here is a FABULOUS article written on this story read more here: http://debandjohn.net/2011/09/operation-birthday-mail-needs-you/

Update: THE LOVE HAS BEGUN POURING IN FOR HIM!

25 comments:

  1. I just couldn't think of a birthday present idea better then this! Happy 35th Birthday! We love you and miss you babe! I hope you have to open envelopes for WEEKS!
    LOVE - Us GIRLS :0)
    MUAH
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, It will be my Honor. Just wrote out a card. Question? How much postage?? Please let me know so that I can put it in the mailbox tomorrow! Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Postage is only 44 cents regular postage - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just sent out a birthday card ! It was an Honor to do so ...... AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today when my boys get home from school, we will be making cards.. Mailing them out tomorrow! This is such a great idea! -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending it out tonight!!! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My absolute pleasure!
    Happy 35th to Dan and 35 million THANK YOUS for serving on our behalf:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Evening....I just came accross your request on one of my facebook pages.....of course it would be an honor and fun to send Dan a birthday card.....I wish there were more soldiers we could write to and wish them the same....I hope he has a wonderful day!!! Its going out in tomorrows mail.....

    Have a lovely evening....

    NormaJean

    ReplyDelete
  9. My pleasure! Wish I could send some Rawfully Tempting treats too..but I don't think they'd make it there okay.... Blessings and much love. I can only imagine his surprised when he is bombarded by so much love!!! What a wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sommese Family of Vernon, NJ will be honored to participate in "Operation Birthday Mail"! Can't wait to wish Dan a Happy Birthday and to Thank him for all that he is sacrificing. Best Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will get one out in the mail today. What a great Birthday present. I'll forward this to everyone I know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are honored to participate. May God Bless you and your family.
    The Crilly's
    Toms River, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, too, am honored to participate. You know how I feel about our vets. We are lucky to have these men and women protecting us. Thank you for your support.

    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sent the invite to 500+ "friends"! I am a teacher and we will be making cards in class to send over! What a wonderful thing to do!

    Lisa, Forked River

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish you the best brthday wishes that you can have right now under these conditions. Please be safe, stay healthy and know that all of us here in this country appreciate what you are doing for us over here. God bless you Brother Dan. Retired A.T.T.F.Commander Michael J. Mellilo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a wonderful thing to do. I have passed on the information to my adventure club and am about to mail my card. So happy to partake. To you and family continued love and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Michelle,

    Mary from Heaven & Earth here. I am going to send something tomorrow! I am also going to email this to all my friends and invite people to the event you created on Facebook. This is such a cute idea, and I hope you meet your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea. I will be sending a card and also calling cards from my Cell phones for Soldiers program with the Central Regional Alumni Association, so he can call home and your family can sing to him also.
    Happy Birthday Dan...We are so proud of your service and all of the soldiers keeping us safe at home.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda Stern said Will send it out tomorrow in the mail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just sent out our card today!

    ReplyDelete
  21. John & Diane Palmer sent out our card on 09/19. I was in Vietnam and I know how importment mail is to a GI. What a great idea. Hope we beat 3,500 cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Two were sent from our house. One from me and one from my husband. Posted to my FB page too!

    ReplyDelete